Monday, November 4, 2013

Holiday Card #1

I've started on this years' holiday cards.

This card is actually created on a kraft carstock base, with the red cardstock layered over it. I cut out a window in the middle and decorated with the green & polkadot pieces.

The green polkadot cardstock is actually shiny, and did not come out very well in the image. I just could not get the right angle for it. But it's a lovely dark-ish olive green, and the cardstock is actually not from a holiday pack. It's from Kaiser Craft's Secret Admirer paper pad. It reflect to a kind of golden color, and I think it went perfectly with the card - adding just the right amount of shimmer.

The red and green cardstock is from a Recollections colors pack I got at Michael's. It's rather thin, but it has quite a few colors - which makes it useful for layered cards or just adding a bit of plain color. I also used a recollections stamp set for the bows (stamped in Ranger's Archival Plum ink). I hand-drew dots and white lines with a white gel pen.

The sentiment is hand-written in white gel pen.

And, lastly, the bakers' twine is from Hemptique. I just received it today, and added it to the card at the last minute. I really like the quality and the color is just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment