Saturday, April 19, 2014

Nautical Mermaid

Today felt like a nautical kind of day, so I pulled out the Under the Sea Mae stamp set and got to coloring. This time around, I wanted to go with a cooler palette, so I chose purple and mint hues for the mermaid.

After she was colored in and fussy-cut, I got to work on the background. I grabbed some papers from the Fancy Pants Nautical paper pad and started to assemble the background. It took a lot of die cutting, gluing and repositioning to get things just right, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

The sentiment was embossed in gold, and I added a few pearls and sequins for that extra decorative touch.

Supplies:
Base: Simon Says Stamp White Woodgrain paper
Cardstock: Simon Says Stamp Soft Nautical #100lbs, Bazzill 21lb Vellum Card stock
Paper: Fancy Pants Nautical 6x6
Dies: Sizzix Circles die, Lawn Fawn Float My Boat die
Stamp: Some Odd Girl Under the Sea Mae
Ranger Super Fine Gold Embossing Powder
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Copics: Skin (E00, E11, E13, E15), Hair/Fins (V12, V04, V06, V17, BV08), Tail (BG11, BG32, BG18), Swimsuit (R35, R46, R59), Seashell (W2, W3, W4)
Some Odd Girl Spring Mix sequins
White pearls
Sakura white opaque gel pen
Red and white Baker's Twine

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Your colouring - stunning! The overall card design just works. Well worth your effort. Love this card, Elle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kylie! I'm really loving the whole nautical trend, and coloring fantasy-type characters is so fun. You can go totally crazy with color, and it still doesn't look out of place. :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much, Lenny! I just love her flowy hair. It's so much fun to color. :D

    ReplyDelete