Monday, June 9, 2014

Amazing Birthday

I love making birthday cards. They can be silly or serious, they can be cute or classic, but they always make for a card that brings a smile to the recipient's face.

For this card, I wanted to play with Sweet Stamp Shop's June release - Elephant Hearts, Juggling Act and Monkey Business. I happened to grab all 3 of these stamps as an early bundle at the beginning of June, and they were just begging to be used together.

I started by stamping the elephant, the bear and the monkey on some Copic coloring marker paper. I colored them in with my Copics and carefully cut them out. I also colored and cut out the balloons that come in the elephant set.

The rest of the card was really simple to assemble. I made a base from kraft card stock, and adhered a piece of patterned paper to it. I then cut a piece of white cardstock to 3 1/2 by 5 1/2 for the center panel. I matted the white panel with black cardstock to create some interesting contrast.

I didn't bother cutting the strings of the balloons, as they were very thin. Instead, I stamped the balloon stamp directly on the white panel and layered the Copic-colored tops with foam squares. I also used foam squares to adhere the elephant, bear and monkey - making sure they were positioned as if they were standing on each others' heads.

I stamped a simple "Amazing!" sentiment, and the card is done!

Supplies:
Stamps - Sweet Stamp Shop Elephant Hearts, Juggling Act and Monkey Business.
Cardstock - Neenah Desert Storm #100lbs, Bazzill Marshmallow, Bazzill Licorice Twist
Ink: MFT Hybrid Ink in black licorice
Copics: Elephant (W2, W4, W6, R81), Bear (B000, B00, BV11, R04, R59, R81), Monkey (E21, E23, E35, E37, E47, R81), Balloons (V12, V06, R81, R85, BG11, BG32)
Uniball Signo Broad White Gel Pen
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D white thin foam squares

No comments:

Post a Comment