Thursday, June 5, 2014

Birthday Miyoko

This weekend is the birthday of one of my sisters-in-law. So, I created this cute and simple birthday card featuring Miyoko from Sister Stamps and using a new technique (for me): paper-piecing.

I started by stamping Miyoko on a piece of Copic X-Press blend it paper and colored her in using my Copics. I then stamped her dress on a scrap piece of floral patterned paper. Working very carefully, I cut around the dress. I made sure to cut out the space for hands as well as the sash. I adhered it to the stamped image. Using Copics, I added some shadows on the patterned paper so the kimono didn't look flat.

I die-cut a small panel out of light blue patterned paper, and a larger panel from lilac Doodlebug sprinkles vellum. While I had my BigShot out, I also die-cut the word "happy" out of black cardstock.

I created a panel from patterned paper measuring 4 x 5 1/4 and adhered it to the A2 card base. I then arranged the small panels and adhered them together with my regular adhesive, making sure none of it was around the vellum edges. I added Miyoko to the front using foam squares.

After adhering "happy" to the bottom of the card, I stamped a simple "birthday" and the card was done!

Supplies:
Stamp: Sister Stamps Miyoko Rubber Stamp, Waffle Flower Bowtiful
Die: Simon Says Stamp Happy Craft Die S189, Sizzix Fancy Labels
Ink: MFT Hybrid Inkpad in black licorice
Copics: E00, E11, E13, BV11, BV17, BV25, B99, R81, RV55, V11, V06, V17, R08, R59, B00, E23, E37, W2
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 110#lbs (base), Bazzill Heavyweight Cardstock in Licorice Twist
Paper: Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine Petite 6x6 (base), American Crafts Dear Lizzy Daydreamer (blue panel), Pebbles Inc Garden Party 6x6 (kimono)
Doodlebug Sprinkles Vellum in Lilac


No comments:

Post a Comment