Monday, June 30, 2014

Sunshine

  

For this card, I pulled some Simon Says Stamp cardstock and decided to play with color. I also wanted to create a slightly smaller card, so I prepped a base that measures 3 3/4 by 5".

I started by die-cutting the rectangle out of dandelion cardstock. I then stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp's You Are My Sunshine stamp set in Versamark ink, then embossed it in white.

I then got to work on the background. I cut 1 1/4" strips from smoke and slate, two colors you can find in this pack. I adhered them to a piece of printer paper, making sure they were pressed against each other and lined up straight. I took the panel over to my Bigshot and cut out the same recangular shape out of the middle of the panel.

I adhered the panel to the card base, then popped in the dandelion rectangle for an in-laid diecut technique.

As a last step, I added a few orange enamel dots from Studio Calico's Yellow & Orange enamel set. They were a perfect color match!

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp You are my sunshine stamp and die set
Simon Says Stamp 100#lbs cardstock in Dandelion, Smoke and Slate
Tsukineko Versamark embossing ink pad
Hero Arts White embossing powder
Studio Calico Yellow & orange enamel set

6 comments:

  1. So clean and graphic. Love how you used the colours which matched the quote too. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being "spotted" over at Simon Says! LOVE this card!!!
    I am a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kristie! I'm so glad you like it. :D

      Delete
  3. I just saw that you were spotted over at Simon Says Stamp too! YAY! That's so fantastic (and no surprise at all!) Congratulations! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really surprised about it, too, and then I did a happy dance around my crafting chair. :D

      I'm still kind of in that disbelief of "I got spotted? Really?!?" stage, with a whole bout of thankfulness. I don't think that stage's ever going away. XD

      Delete