Sunday, July 13, 2014

Love You- Moulin Mae

Since the card I posted earlier features a stamp that you might not be able to get, I wanted to post a card with a stamp that you can get - and it's a very pretty stamp at that! This card features Moulin Mae, from Some Odd Girl.

I started by stamping Mae on a piece of Copic Marker paper and colored her in with my Copics. I wanted the color scheme to be feminine, so I worked with pinks and browns, and just a touch of silver/white. I have a weakness for white hair, so that's what Mae is sporting this time around. After she was colored, I cut her out and set her aside while I worked on the rest of the panels.

I created an A2 base from MFT's Primitive Cream cardstock. I also cut a piece of brown cardstock to measure slightly smaller (4 by 5 1/4), as well as a small brown panel measuring 2 1/2 by 4 1/2. I cut two pieces of patterned paper and adhered them to the panels. I chose a pink and cream stripe to go behind Mae and a subtle grey stripe for the background.

Since the card uses such feminine colors, I decided to have a love sentiment. Using MFT's Sweet Stack Labels die, I cut a background from brown cardstock and a circle from cream cardstock. I also used my Bigshot to cut out a brown "love you" sentiment from Simon Says Stamp's Love You die.

I adhered the circle to the label with foam squares, then adhered the sentiment using my Xyron Sticker Maker. Since the top was a bit empty, I added a small red heart. I adhered Mae to the pink panel with foam squares, and adhered all the panels together.

As a last touch, I added some enamel dots to the bottom of the card, as well as on each side of the circle sentiment.

Supplies:
Some Odd Girl Moulin Mae
MFT Heavyweight cardstock in Primitive Cream, Bazzill Canvas Cardstock in Chocolate, Copic Mini Marker pad 70lbs
Simon Says Stamp small Love You die, MFT Sweet Stack Labels die
My Mind's Eye Ashbury Heights 6x6, Simply Gorjuss Paper pack 6x6
Copics (B000, C2, C4, C6, B41, B45, E00, E11, E13, R20, R32, E33, E39, E29, R11, R43, RV34)
Freckled Fawn Enamel Dew Drop Stickers Pinks
My Mind's Eye Charmed enamel dots
Scrapbook Adhesives Thin 3D foam squares

2 comments:

  1. And this card here demonstrates another reason I love your work - white hair!! I tend to do the same colour hair all the time. I think I colour the images based on my own appearance. You challenge me to think outside the box. Thank you! Gorgeous card, you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kylie! *hugs*

      I think we're so lucky that there are many fantasy-type stamps out there that make even the wildest of hair colors look fun. :D

      Delete