Saturday, September 13, 2014

Simon Says Stamp: Flickr Challenge #1

I recently joined the Simon Says Stamp group on Flickr, and saw that they've got a challenge running. It's a color challenge, and the mix of colors inspired me to try and make a card with some of the stamp sets I've bought recently.

The Flickr challenge was to use 3 of the colors in the image above. I thought the colors were really wonderful and fitting the autumn theme, so I grabbed the brand new Autumn Blessings stamp set and several inkpads.

I started by cutting and scoring a piece of Kraft cardstock into a top-folding A2 card (4 1/4 by 5 1/2"). While I had my trimmer out, I also cut a piece of Olive cardstock to measure 4 by 5 1/4", and a piece of white cardstock to measure 3 3/4 by 5".

Although I love the hunter green in the inspiration piece, I didn't have an inkpad that was in that color. So, I went with a medium green instead, and stamped the leafy wreath from the stamp set. I then switched to the warm gray color and stamped the pine-cones twice. I stamped the berries in orange, then switched to yellow for the two flowers. I stamped the sentiment in black ink under the wreath.

Since one of the inks was a pigment ink, I set the panel aside to dry while I made myself some tea. Once the panel was completely dry, I adhered it to the olive panel using my standard dot adhesive. I then adhered the front to the card base, using foam tape.

As a last touch, I added a few tiny enamel dots to the wreath.

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp Autumn Blessings (collaboration with Clearly Besotted) stamp set
My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink in Black Licorice
Avery Elle pigment in in Fog
Stampin' Up Classic Inkpad in Mossy Meadow, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie
Neenah Desert Storm Environmental Cardstock in 100#lbs
Neenah Solar White cardstock in 80#lbs
Simon Says Stamp Heavyweight cardstock in Olive
Tombow Dot Adhesive Runner (pink)
3M Double-Sided Foam Tape
Studio Calico Yellow & Orange Essentials Enamel Dots

4 comments:

  1. OOh was just over at Lawn Fawn and saw your card! Congratulations!! :) Love seeing your cards pop up all over the place. And I just KNOW it is only the start....especially when you create little beauties like this one. :) So elegant! Such a great use of the colours in the inspiration piece. Good luck with the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet, Kylie! I'm so happy about the LF feature! It's amazing, and I'm (as usual) completely surprised and wowed. :)

      I'm not really participating in the prize part of the challenge. They're giving away the new set of SSS inks, and I already have them. But it was really fun to see what I can come up with for the inspiration piece, anyway. Good practice for the next challenge, I think :D

      Delete
  2. Hi! Just popped over from the SSS Flickr group to see your card again. It is truly a beauty and I look forward to seeing more of your creations. I will be a new follower of your blog. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so very glad you like it, Joy! Thank you so much for following! I hope you'll find a card or two you'll like in the future, too. :D

      Delete