Sunday, October 12, 2014

Soya Pumpkin

It's the weekend, and time for another digi stamp creation. Today's card uses the stamp Soya: Love Pumpkin, by MilkCoffee.

After printing out the stamp and trimming it into a small rectangle, I colored Soya in with Copics. I tried a new combination for blonde hair-color, and I really like how it turned out. For the background, I went with a simple single color, working in a circular motion to create a cloudy effect. I also added some dark green dots around Soya, just for a bit of extra interest.

I rounded the corners of the rectangle panel with my corner chomper, and set it aside to work on the rest of the card.

I cut and scored a piece of Primitive Cream cardstock into a standard A2 card (4 1/4 by 5 1/2). While my paper trimmer was still out, I trimmed a piece of patterned paper from Chickaniddy's Scrumptious paper pad into 3 3/4 by 5". I liked this paper in particular because it's got a very interesting brushed gradient effect, and it includes both oranges and green hues. I adhered the background to the card base with my standard adhesive.

I found a couple of thin strips of dark gray cardstock, and I cut them into a flag shape. I did the same flag shape on one of the scraps of the Chickaniddy paper, and layered the 3 strips to adhere to the card base. I added in Soya's panel, using foam tape.

I stamped a simple hello sentiment from Simon Says Stamp's Warm Wishes stamp set in black ink. It felt like the card was still missing something, so I added a few colorful sequins from the Crystal Reflections mix.

Lastly, I used my white gel pen to add some stitching lines around the flags.

Supplies:
MilkCoffee Soya: Love Pumpkin digital stamp
Simon Says Stamp with Darkroom Door Warm Wishes stamp set
My Favorite Things Heavyweight Cardstock in Primitive Cream
Tsukineko Versafine Onyx Black inkpad
Chickaniddy Scrumptious 6x6 paper pad
Tombow Craft Dot Adhesive runner (pink)
Copics (E00, E11, E13, E15, R20, YR23, E23, E37, YR15, YR68, R05, B32, B34, G97, G99, G21, 0)
3M Double-sided Foam Tape
Simon Says Stamp Crystal Reflections sequins
Ranger Studio Multi-Matte glue
Sakura Gellyroll white gel pen

4 comments:

  1. Your colouring is so amazing, Elle! And the background looks fantastic too. I really want to work on doing more interesting things with backgrounds like you have done here. The cute flags and the sparkling sequins are such lovely finishing touches. Love the little hello stamp too. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kylie! I'm just starting out on getting different things with backgrounds. I'm always a little nervous to do backgrounds because it feels like they'll use up my markers quickly, but I figured I can always get refills if that happens. So, I took the plunge. :D

      I'll have to mane another card with the Warm Wishes stamp. It has lovely silhouette flowers that will look fantastic on a card. :)

      Delete
    2. I've started buying refills too. At one stage it was easier to buy a new marker but I soon realised that was false economy. Keep them coming!

      Delete
    3. I do like the refills. They are very convenient, especially for the colors I use often (like E00, my go-to skin base color). The only thing to be careful of is not to overfill them. I've ended up with Copic color EVERYWHERE one time when I accidentally overfilled a marker and took the cap off too quickly. XD

      Delete