Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Lawn Fawn: Whale Love

I found just enough time to make one last card for the year! And, of course, I just had to use the super adorable Lawn Fawn mini stamp set Whale You Be Mine. This cute mini set also has matching dies, which I used to cut out the whales and the dotted water spouts.

I started by stamping the whales and the spouts in Steel Blue hybrid ink. This ink is a soft gray color, and I thought it matched up great with the other colors I chose for the card. Once the whales were stamped out, I colored them with Copics, using just a couple of colors for each of them. I went with a cool gray and peachy pink, and added just a touch of color to the water spouts too. I die-cut them with their matching dies and set them aside.

While I had my Bigshot out, I grabbed the smaller of the Stitched Party Banners dies and die-cut a 4x6 journaling card that happened to have the perfect teal stripes. I also cut a circle from a piece of patterned paper that had a subtle wave pattern. I tied a piece of pale pink satin ribbon around the top of the stitched banner.

For the card base, I created a standard top-folding A2 card base (4 1/4 by 5 1/2") out of medium grey cardstock. I matted it with a piece of patterned paper (measuring 4 x 5 1/4")from Let's Polka petite paper pad. I adhered all the elements using a combination of foam tape and standard adhesive.

For the sentiment, I cut a piece of white cardstock to measure 3/4 by 3 1/2" and stamped the sentiment from Whale You Be Mine in the same steel blue ink. I adhered it to the bottom of the card.

As a last touch, I grabbed a small dark pink heard I'd cut for a previous card and adhered it just over the whales.

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn - Whale You Be Mine stamp set
Lawn Fawn - Whale You Be Mine dies
Lawn Fawn - Stitched Party Banners dies
Lawn Fawn - Let's Polka Petite 6x6 patterned paper pad
My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink in Steel Blue
Simon Says Stamp Heavyweight Cardstock in Smoke Grey
Stampin' Up Project Life - Everyday Adventure 4x6 journaling card
Pink Ribbon, 3/8", satin
Copics (C2, C4, R11, R85, 0)
3M Double-sided Foam Tape
Tombow Craft Dot Adhesive Runner (pink)
Pink heart

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Elle! I have enjoyed getting to know you through your amazing card making and look forward lots more inspiration in the new year! Wishing you a happy and creative 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nancy! It was just wonderful to get to know you, too. Your kindness and encouragement are one of the things that make Lawn Fawn - and crafting in general - great. Thank you for your friendship, and here's to a brand new year filled with creativity and joy! :)

      Delete
  2. Hello! This is my first time here but not the last!! For sure!! I am in love to this card and it's been great to read how you made it!! Wow! Good luck in the challenge! It´s one of my favourites!!!!! The colours are so fresh and you combined every element perfectly!!!! I love it!! Thanks a lot for the isnpiration. I am going to see more projects in your blog!! Happy New Year from Spain!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yolanda and thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment!! I loved creating this card, and the colors are probably one of my favorite things about it. I hope you like some of the other projects I've created.

      Have a wonderfully happy new year!! :D

      Delete
  3. Ooooh this is TOOOOOOO adorable! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's easy to do with a super cute stamp. :D

      Delete
  4. adorable adorable adorable :) i cant wait to play with that set!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenn! I can't wait to see what you'll do with the set. :D

      Delete