Saturday, February 28, 2015

Happy Spring!


 Today's card is simple, yet colorful and fun at the same time. It features an adorable new stamp set from Simon Says Stamp's Hop To It release, as well as some simple Copic coloring.

I started by stamping out the girl, the bear and the flower from Abby's Spring Showers stamp set onto some marker paper. I colored them in with my Copics, keeping the coloring very simple. I then carefully cut around them and set them aside.

I created a top-folding A2 card base (4¼ by 5½") from some light gray cardstock. I then grabbed my Bigshot and die-cut a large circle of cute patterned paper. I then lined up the curved A2 edge die at the bottom and ran it through my Bigshot again. This created a horizon of sorts for my scene.

I adhered the patterned paper straight onto the card. I stamped the sentiment at the bottom in black ink. I arranged the colored images and adhered them to the card. Then, I stamped two small hearts in pink ink.

The card was missing something, so I hand-drew a dotted border under the sentiment and added two enamel dots.

Since this card fits the Work It Wednesday theme (spring), I will be entering the challenge.
 


Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp - Abby's Spring Showers
Lawn Fawn - Hello Sunshine Petite 6x6 (retired)
My Favorite Things - Black Licorice hybrid ink
Simon Says Stamp - Curved A2 Edge die
Lawn Fawn - Wild Rose ink
Copics (E00, E11, E13, E15, R20, E35, E57, E59, Y11, Y35, B02, B05, E25, E27, E29, E53, E33, R22, R35, YG06, YR17, E07, R59)
Black gel pen
Enamel Dots

6 comments:

  1. ohhhh so cute, love your card.. And that stamp set is so cute...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Chitra!

      The stamp set is so adorable. There's a ton of cute little images in it that are fun to color. :)

      Delete
  2. This is TOO cute. You did such a good job. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tricia! So glad you like it. :D

      Delete
  3. You know that I love this card but I wanted to tell you again jeje It´s so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Yolanda! I'm so glad you like the card. :)

      Delete