Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Tribal Thanks



I often find myself really inspired by paper, especially when it's a paper that's unusual or seems challenging to use. The paper in this card is from the Basic Grey Grand Bazaar 6x6, and I got it in my SSS October 2014 card kit.

At first glance, this paper seems a little intimidating to use. It's strongly colored, geometric and simple. Yet those properties also make it perfect for a masculine card - and that's where my creative gears went into overdrive, and I just knew I had to use it.

The colors and patterns looked somewhat tribal to me, so I grabbed Waffle Flower's Tribal Thanks stamp set. I got this set a little while ago because I just loved the way the silhouettes were drawn, but I hadn't found the right card to use them on.

Cutting the patterned paper at an angle gave me a place to put the main image and sentiment. I pulled the colors from the paper to create the mat for the bear and sentiment, and set them against a more creamy/beige background. Since the front panel had a lot of contrast, I used a black note-card as my card base.

As this is a masculine card and the pattern is busy, I chose not to add any embellishments or extras.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~


No comments:

Post a Comment