Monday, May 25, 2015

Color Monday - Navy Thank You

 It's time for another color Monday! Today's card is another simple "Thank You" card, partly inspired by a sketch I found in my idea notebook.

Before I started this card, I had a color combination in mind -- navy and mint. I grabbed a navy note-card as my base, and found a great mint striped patterned paper. I also found a floral paper that had navy, mint, cream and pink. I loved the addition of pink and cream, as it gave a modern nod to a shabby chic summer palette. I die-cut the papers, then adhered them to the card base.

For the sentiment, I die-cut a doily out of white cardstock and stamped the sentiment in navy ink. I finished off the card with some enamel dots, as well as some Wink of Stella on the pink flowers.

None of the supplies I used came from the same line, but I think they fit together great. I used similar tones for the different elements on the card, while at the same time not trying to match things exactly. In a lot of ways, this was a liberating and fun exercise. It's opened the door to using my supplies a lot more creatively and without worry that I'll run out of a supply that has since been retired.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. So pretty, Elle! I love how you challenge yourself to use different colour combinations, supplies, etc. The navy and mint look so good together! Just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kylie! I just love color and trying out different combinations - which is probably why my paper pad collection is so enormous. XD

      Delete