Thursday, May 14, 2015

Retro Thursday - Tiddly Inks

Today's card is using a stamp set from Tiddly Inks called Ellie Says Hi. I have had this stamp for over a year now, and just did not get around to making anything with it. It's a super sweet stamp, though, and it definitely deserved to be used. So, I decided to make a cute card with it.

I started by stamping Ellie in brown ink, then coloring her in with my Copics. I wanted to go with a palette I seldom use, so I chose green and yellow. After she was colored in, I carefully cut her out, leaving a small white border. The stamp set comes with a cute sentiment, so I stamped out the speech bubble and the "Hi" in brown ink. Then I used a pink ink to stamp the little hearts in the background. I also cut out the speech bubble with a small white border.

The rest of the card came together really quickly. I grabbed a few pieces of patterned paper from my scraps stash and layered them together on a neutral card base. I added some liquid pearls and two pieces of wood veneer that I colored in with Copics.

And that's all there was to it! I really like how the card turned out, and I'm definitely going to use this stamp again. I have another idea on how to color her cute dress, and some other cute patterned paper I've been meaning to use with cards.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

6 comments:

  1. She's adorable! You colored her beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was a pretty quick color, but I like it too. I'm challenging myself to use different color combinations than usual -- like yellow and green. :)

      Delete
  2. *squeal* Oh my goodness, could this be any more darling!! The answer is no. lol Until I see the next thing you create using this adorable stamp. Elle!! AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kylie! I truly appreciate your support. :)

      Delete