Monday, December 14, 2015

Merry And Bright Bear

 
Today's card features the lovely bear from Birdie Brown's Cool Day. The stamp set was one of my favorite purchases last year, and I still absolutely adore it. It features two bears (pst, card with the other bear is coming soon!), as well as an ice floe, a North pole sign, pair of mittens and a nice mug for hot cocoa. The sentiments fit the images great, so if you haven't gotten your hands on this set, I strongly recommend it.

One of my other favorite things is a striped sweater. So, I used my Copics to color in the bear and free-hand colored in some stripes. I did not try to make the stripes be absolutely perfect, because I think it adds a more whimsical touch that way. I added a couple of other pops of color on the hat and the mug, then carefully cut the image out, leaving a small white border.

The rest of my card design was a bit more experimental. I wanted to play with circles, so I die-cut a piece of birch patterned paper. I adhered a sparkly strip of silver cardstock across it and added the bear on foam squares. I stamped the sentiment onto a small banner and adhered it above the circle.

I let the rest of the embellishment carry the circle theme by scattering a few sparkly clear sequins, enamel dots and a piece of flair. The card is simple, fun and merry.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

Supplies:
My Favorite Things- Birdie Brown "Cool Day" stamp
My Favorite Things Blueprints 25 (banner die)
My Favorite Things Circle STAX die
My Favorite Things Silver Sparkle cardstock
WPlus9 Christmas Sentiments stamp (retired)
Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins in 4mm and 6mm
Lawn Fawn Snow Day flair (retiring)
Copics (W2, R11, R22, 0 colorless blender, G14, YG67, V12, V06, V17, B00, B45, B18)

2 comments:

  1. So sweet and I love your use of circles. They break up the card in such a lovely way. Pretty colours. Gorgeous stamp set too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the circles, too, they're fun to play around with. :D

      Delete