Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Hello Dots

I often feel drawn to cards that have clustered elements to them. It's fascinating to me because it's so different from what I usually aim for (clean and simple), but there's so much visual interest and depth to clusters. And I cannot seem to get them as effortlessly as I'd like.

I've come to realize that a lot of those cards are created by crafters who do scrapbooking - and after watching several scrapbooking videos, I can definitely see that inspiration. I, myself, haven't done scrapbooking. So, clustering is a bit of a mystery -- but one that I'm driven to master.

So, here's an attempt using Echo Park Sentiment Words die, along with a small tag die (retired) and some fun patterned paper. A strip of sparkly gold cardstock and a handful of enamel dots and sequins and the card was done.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. And when you master it (and you seem to be pretty close to it!!), you can teach me. I love the look but just cannot seem to do it. As you know I often times cannot even think outside the square This really is a lovely card, Elle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those things that just looks impossible. But then suddenly it clicks, and you're able to do it. But you can't explain to anyone else exactly HOW you do it. XD

      Delete