Wednesday, September 28, 2016

SK September: Homemade with Love

When I started creating this card with Penny Black's Homemade stamp set, I had something completely different in mind. I stamped and colored the image to match a patterned paper that featured strawberries and vines. But as I was trying to put the image against the paper, I kept feeling like it was getting lost in the whimsical strawberry chaos.

So, I took a step back and thought about what I should do to make this card stand out. I cut the image into a rectangle and matted it with a piece of dark brown cardstock. I stamped the sentiment in the same dark brown shade, then die-cut it into a rectangle.

I played around with some other paper, die-cuts and shapes, but in the end... I just liked the simplicity and the contrast of the image and the sentiment by themselves. So, I adhered them to a white card base with foam tape and left it as a CAS creation.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

No comments:

Post a Comment