Sunday, January 1, 2017

Crafty Chat - New Year, New Goals



Happy New Year, everyone! I hope 2017 treats you all well and brings many moments of joy and laughter.

I don't make New Years' resolutions. However, I do set some sensible goals for myself each year. In 2016, my goal was to make and share 100 non-DT cards on my blog, and I have reached - and surpassed! - this goal.

For 2017, I decided to focus on my current crafty stash and see how long I can go without making a single crafty order. I have a few projects and ideas to help me make good use of my supplies - things like monthly stash kits, blog features and reviews - along with an occasional challenge or two.

In preparation, I've made a few final crafty orders with my favorite companies - I took advantage of Black Friday and Christmas sales, so I really got a lot of bang for my buck. My orders were for a few staples like cardstock, envelopes and adhesive, as well as a bunch of stamps, inks and dies that were on my wish-list. With this goal, I hope to whittle down some of my existing consumables (like paper, embellishments, etc) as well as make a plan for what I want to do with my stamps. As much as I'd love to, I can't keep an overwhelming and infinite stash of stamps and dies. So, that will be an interesting task for the last half of 2017...

My secondary goal for 2017 is to try and interact with crafters more, so I'll try to be less of a lurker and make time to chat with others. I do spend a bit of time browsing blogs, FB pages and YouTube videos from crafters I admire, so I'm going to try and comment (on top of a quick "like" of content).

Lastly, I plan to continue blogging regularly. I'd like to have it be a daily thing, but I know work and life will keep me a bit busy sometimes. So, I'll just work on posting on a regular schedule instead and work ahead for some of the entries.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

3 comments:

  1. Happy (belated) New Year! I love reading about your plans for the year. Congratulations on reaching your 2016 card making goal! You rock! I wish you all the best for your plans for this year and I cannot wait to see all the inspiration you bless us with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind! *hugs*
      I am super excited about having reached that goal. It's inspired me to work hard on my goals for 2017 - though they did have a bit of a rocky start... I shopped a little, just couldn't resist that coffee collection from Doodlebug.

      Delete
    2. I think this is going to be an awesome year for you! :) Even better than last year. And I don't blame you - Doodlebug is worth breaking the rules for. Lawn Fawn too... ;)

      Delete