Saturday, July 8, 2017

SCS: Art of Writing

Another fun card from the SCS September DT - Literally.

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to see a museum exhibition that centered around books and writing. It featured early printing presses, ink making tools and displayed several old manuscripts. One of my favorite parts was an old practice book where the owner was practicing calligraphy that had ink splotches and sketches in the margins. It looked so playful and was in such contrast with the rest of the manuscripts.

I have to confess that the main reason why I bought the Music Hall stamp was the inky sketch of a Victorian lady. Ink being associated with writing and books made me think it was a perfect stamp to use for this month's theme.

I challenged myself to add a touch of mixed media flair, so I blended some distress ink across the panel. A sticker sentiment finished the card off perfectly. :)

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. You rock any style you try! This is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the confidence boost! It certainly doesn't feel like all these different styles come easy, but sometimes I am pleased with the results. :D

      Delete